Underground Wellness

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

When life gives you lemons... Make water kefir lemonade!

I've dabbled in homemade cultured foods of all sorts. Buttermilk, yogurt, sourdough, sauerkraut. Mostly for the benefit of the budget. All of these foods are simple and affordable to make at home. Replacing pantry staples that are both healthier and cheaper than their store bought counterparts. But after much thought I decided it was time to venture further into the world of cultured foods. So begins my journey with water kefir. I ordered some water kefir grains last week from Cultures for Health , and it arrived in speedy fashion yesterday. I now have a jar of water kefir grains rehydrating in sugar water. Which me luck. I will keep you posted on how things are going in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment