Underground Wellness

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Success

Well our first batch of water kefir was ready on Christmas morning. I strained the kefir and added it to a new batch of sugar water, then added the juice of one lemon to the one that was ready. To be honest, I was a little afraid to try it. Would it taste horrible, would it irritate my sensitive stomach? It took me a few hours to get up the nerve, but when I did. Success!! It tasted just like lemonade. My oldest daughter decided to get in on the fun and ended up drinking to small glasses. Today was time to make up another batch. I decided to upgrade to a half gallon jar. I look forward to the benefits of this new addition to our kitchen. If you have never tried water kefir, I encourage you to give it a try. You won't regret it. It is available at Cultures for Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment