Underground Wellness

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Good Day for a Walk

Well I must admit it, of all the areas in health and wellness, I come up short in the exercise department. I just can not seem to get a good, consistent practice going. I can make some really good excuses too. I am a working mother holding down two jobs while going to school part time. I have tried work out videos of every variety, work out equipment has come and gone through my doors. My intentions are good, but it is always the first to go. A few months ago I decided to try something a little different. 6 minutes. I trip around the block before bed. It started out because I really wanted to do something, anything that I could call exercise. The first night I came home invigorated. How is it that something as simple as a 6 minute walk around the block could have such an effect. It is a combination of things for me. The fresh open air, the movement, the meditation and relaxation. I can accomplish so much in those few minutes. I think many of us think in terms of trying to get those 30 minutes in 3 days a week. If  we can't do that we must be failures and so do nothing at all. If you are in this group, like me, why not throw all the rules out the window and give it a try. See what happens. It's a start and who knows, maybe it will lead to two trips around and then three. It all starts with 6 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment